Friday, September 24, 2010

Friendship Blessings



One of the biggest blessings in our adoption journey that we didn't see coming is the friendships we have formed. Those who have experienced the miracle of adoption have an understanding of all that we are facing and are more than ready to support. God places many people in my path on a regular basis these days who are inquiring about adoption. One question I get often is about our support system. One thing we are VERY fortunate to have in our favor is a community who not only accepts adoption, particularly transracial adoption, but they are doing it too! We have so many new friends who we have just met in the last 6 months and they are all there to offer wisdom, a listening ear, an encouraging word and hope on the hard days. Thank you Ally, Tracy, Beth, Kristi, Candi, and Kimberly (yes you in MS who texted me today to say you were lifting me up in prayer :-)!!! You are my provision for this season of life and I am ever so grateful for you!

I don't want to leave out all those who we knew before adoption. We have a wonderful Sunday School class and church, neighbors and family who have also been extremely supportive. Thank you Mom, Wanda, Amanda, Laurie, Jennifer, Anita, Shannon, Kim, Cindy, Heidi, Tiffany, Misty, Natalie, Meredith, Helen and Lauren. Thank you for the meals, the pictures you took, being at the airport, calling, stopping by, bringing over "happys", supporting us even when you thought we were nuts (we are anyway), watching our kids, praying for us (this is a biggie) and loving on our kids--all 5 of them. You are all amazing and I feel so blessed to call you friends. Friendship is truly a gift from God and one that I am so thankful for.

I hope you all have a blessed weekend and know that I love you all :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment