Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Updates and Inspiration

It is the last week of school and there is a lot going on. We are leaving in a few days to go to Disney (SHHH...it's a surprise). We are very excited and realize that this will be taking our last trip with just the 5 of us. Brent has a conference to attend down there and so we plan to "piggyback" off of that. It was too good of a deal to pass up and one that we had planned long before we found out our lives would be changing so soon.

On the adoption front, there is no new news. Just please pray that we pass court on June 4th and that our immigration paperwork comes back quickly. The Ethiopian side of the travel will probably be ready before the US side of things. We cannot travel until the kids are approved by the U.S. to come home. We have been told that the process has been running 80 days or so. I know God is bigger than the USCIS so we are praying for a quick turn around. We have learned a little about the orphanage where we believe our kids to be and I want them to come home A.S.A.P!!! It doesn't sound like a great place to be :-(

To close I wanted to share a couple of links to some "Gotcha Day" videos that I found very moving. The first is from my new friend Kristy J. Many of you may have already watched it, but I am including it for those who have not seen it yet. This was one of the first ones I saw before I knew what a "Gotcha Day" even was. For those of you new to the adoption world and particularly the adoption blog world, a "Gotcha Day" is the the day you meet or get your kid(s) for the first time. If you go to Kristy's blog you can read about how God used her to confirm to us that we were to adopt from Ethiopia. If you haven't already started reading her blog, you should. God has given her an amazing ministry of advocating for orphans by use of the blog. I feel privileged to call her a friend!





This is another video that I just viewed on someone elses blog. I thought it was a good one and so I am sharing...

I hope you were moved and inspired! There are 147 million orphans in the world today who need a family to love them. Is it you???

No comments:

Post a Comment