Friday, May 7, 2010

Fundraisers...

I have posted all the uplifting, encouraging stories about our adoption journey and now it is time for some business :-) Many have asked how much adoption costs. The answer is A LOT! We thought that we would have at least a year from start to finish, but as it turns out, it looks to only be 5 or 6 months. We have been very blessed that God has already provided for some of it and that we get a generous reimbursement from Brent's company, but we still have some more that we need to raise. I have two opportunities coming up that I am very excited about and I hope you will join us for one of them (or both) and help us bring our kiddos home.

First, my sweet pastor's wife, has offered to do a "spa party" fundraiser. She is a high ranking director in BeautiControl and has offered to pamper you ladies and give 100% of the profits of products purchased to our adoption! Woo Hoo Leigh Ann!!! We have next Monday, May 17th, blocked off all day for "pampering" :-) We are going to start at 10:00am and go all day (& evening) as needed. Each session will last about 30 minutes and she can do up to 4 ladies at a time. I know it is rather short notice, but it was the only day she and I could both do it before school gets out and I wanted to allow you to have a day while the kids were still in school. If this day doesn't work for you, let me know because we may plan another one in the summer. She is currently working on a schedule, but if you know of a good time just leave me a comment with that time and I will put you down on the schedule.

Now for the second opportunity...its garage sale time!!! We have a garage sale planned with another family on Saturday, June 26th at the Bethel World Outreach Church in McKay's Mill. We live literally across the street from this church so we contacted them and asked if we could use their parking lot for our sale. The pastor called me on Wednesday and not only offered me the use of the parking lot, he also offered the facilities and is going to help us take up donations. Now that is what I call the body of Christ working together. We are not even members there and they are rolling out the red carpet for us! Thank you Bethel!

We do need some help with the sale. We need donations first and foremost. We are also planning to have a bake sale and lemonade stand. If anyone likes to bake and would be willing to make a batch of cookies, brownies, lemon bars etc. we would be grateful. They just all need to be individually wrapped or bagged. We are also going to need tables and some volunteers, especially that morning to help us set up quickly. In addition to all of that, we would like to have some tents (the tailgating kind) to set up as it will be HOT!

If you are interested in participating or helping in either of these please let me know. I really don't like talking money. It is really hard to ask , but I felt at least this way you will be getting something in return. What women or mom couldn't use a 30 minute time out with some massaging and pampering? And who doesn't have some junk to get rid of???

Thanks in advance for your support. We are so blessed to have each of you in our lives!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment