Sunday, November 7, 2010

Pure & Faultless Religion...Celebrating Orphan Sunday

I wrote the following post yesterday BEFORE church. Because I am NOT a computer whiz, I did not know how to include the video at the bottom. Once I figured it out it was SO easy. Even though it is posted on MONDAY morning, it was written on SUNDAY morning :-)

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, this is National Adoption Month and today is a worldwide event called "Orphan Sunday". Last year at this time I had no idea what the statistics were around the world of how many children were living without parents. They have no one to hug them when they fall, to feed them, to clothe them or to tuck them in bed at night.

I have always had a heart to help children and had even investigated foster care at one point, BUT I had NO IDEA how BIG this problem is. What is worse, I had grown up in the church and did not know what the Bible says is our responsibility as the body of Christ to ALL be caring for these children. I am excited to tell you that our church will no longer be skimming over the issue. We will no longer ignore the plea. I have a feeling that today God is gonna move and our hearts will break for what breaks HIS. We are celebrating Orphan Sunday for the first time this year and getting the message out.

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
James 1:27



I am going to leave you with a video today. Please watch it :-) Don't say you didn't know!

No comments:

Post a Comment