Sunday, September 12, 2010

Empowered To Connect

As a follow up to my last post...I am so thankful that my Father in heaven is perfect and He can give me the wisdom I need to be the parent to all 5 of my children.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." James 1:5

We had a GREAT day on Friday. Thursday ended not so well and we weren't sure what to expect next. As it turns out, our consistency and tough love paid dividends on Friday and we had a great afternoon and evening.

Yesterday I attended the "Empowered to Connect" conference in Nashville with Dr. Karyn Purvis. She is an amazing woman who truly loves children and has spent years doing the research to find what really works with kids. I left a conference for the first time actually feeling encouraged that I have done some things right and the things I need to change are within my power to do so.

I know we still have a long road ahead of us, but looking back to the last 5 weeks, we have made huge progress. We really appreciate all your prayers as they are what is sustaining us right now. Last night when I got home Jordan was the first to run and greet me and want me to pick him up and hug him. He turned my head and gave me a kiss on the cheek...priceless! This is the same child, who 5 weeks ago, was stiff as a board every time we tried to pick him up and hug him. The same child who greeted me with a big smile today, but hardly smiled the first couple of weeks we had him. Yes, we are moving in the right direction. We will continue to look for the blessings :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment