Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Rutlands Have a Blog!

Our blog has been created now for a few weeks (isn't it so cute?...I can say that because someone else designed it for me) and I have been anxious to write our first post, but didn't know quite where to start as I have so much I wanted to share. In addition to not knowing where to start we have had an exceptionally busy last month and it doesn't look like it will get better until summer :-) I was sharing with a friend at church yesterday about how much I had on my plate and she said, "How do you eat an elephant?" The answer? "One bite at at time." Of course! I am going to share our stories and my thoughts the same way, one post at a time :-) The first several posts will most likely be all about our journey to where we are now...adopting from Africa.

If you haven't heard about the Rutlands' newest adventure, we are adopting from Ethiopia. Adoption is something that we have talked about for many years now. It was always something we thought we might do someday. That "someday" has arrived and the journey to it has been an awesome ride. God has revealed himself to us in ways we could have never imagined. We truly serve an awesome God!

Stay tuned for more stories of how God has spoken to us, worked in our lives over the last few months and other fun things going on with us. Please join us in prayer for our new children on the other side of the world and for us as we face the many new challenges on the journey of international adoption.

4 comments:

  1. Your blog IS super cute! Looking forward to experiencing your family's journey through your blog :)
    www.dixondialogue.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I hadn't heard this ... You are in for quite a journey! Speaking from experience ... It will be more enlighting and enriching of your life (lives) than you can even imagine right now! Can't wait to read and follow it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! I'm thrilled to follow your story and share in this journey together.

    jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete